1. Monitor all servers and data processing programs using monitoring applications and following procedures detailed in error handling documents.
2. Enhance monitoring coverage by adding new conditions to detect and including in error handling documents.
3. Enhance monitoring tools with .Net programming language after gaining familiarity with the tools and technologies.
4. Respond to customer technical support questions, perform initial investigations including reproducing errors, and identifying the root cause.
5. Resolving customer technical support issues independently where possible.
6. Perform additional daily operational tasks, such as maintaining operating system patch levels and analyzing data for quality issues.
1. B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
2. Able to analyze complex technical and data-related problems, evaluate options, and implement solutions.
3. Be willing to work at a flexible work schedule, which may include nightshifts and weekends.
4. At least one year experience in software support.
5. A quick learner on technical operations skills and financial market knowledge to be a productive and effective team member;
6. Fluent in English speaking and writing to communicate with the US team frequently and clients from time to time.
7. Fluent in Japanese speaking and writing will be a big plus.
8. Background in financial services/software/project (e.g., stock market, banking) is an added advantage.